Thursday, February 28, 2008

misc.

Models smiling at Hussein Chalayan. Who would have thought?

Via a Google alert on eco-fashion came this. Whilst I have absolute respect for people with convictions, 'eco-fashion' and vegan fashion are not the same thing. I don't know, it's like a thousand 'fashion is bad' posts I've read before and speaks to the converted only.

Excitingly, a new journal: International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, from Taylor & Francis. Call for Papers is downloadable from the button at top. From the 'Aims and Scope':

Aims & Scope

International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education aims to provide a high quality peer-reviewed forum for research in fashion design, pattern cutting, apparel production, manufacturing technology and fashion education. The Journal will encourage interdisciplinary research and the development of an academic community which will share newly developed technology, theory and techniques in the fashion and textile industries, as well as promote the development of excellent education practice in the clothing and textile fields.

Contributions suitable for this new journal should fall into one of the following three categories:

(1) Research papers presenting important new findings
(2) Technical papers describing new developments or innovation
(3) Academic discussion papers dealing with medium to long-term trends and predictions.

All published research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees.


2 comments:

An said...

I can't find a due date for submissions to the journal.
Are IJFDTE being mysterious, or am I just looking so hard that I can't see it?

There was a fantastic guest lecture for the UTS Fashion/Textiles Dept this afternoon.
Despite the all too common technical difficulties of presenting between the Mac and PC divide here, Martina Glomb from Hannover (a Vivienne Westwood veteran) gave a really delicious insight into the Westwood label- from roots to tips.

I only knew it was on because I turned up to uni before Biz headed over there.
I was suprised not to see you there. It was the fullest fashion lecture that I've seen. packed. deservedly. I hope she visits again.

Timo Rissanen said...

I had to work - initially I had earmarked today off to go to the lecture but with just two many commitments and a looming Melbourne trip it got all too hard.

Not sure there is a due date, it being a journal?