Friday, January 15, 2010

Ethics + Aesthetics = Sustainable Fashion

Tomorrow I'm checking out Ethics + Aesthetics = Sustainable Fashion at the Pratt Manhattan Gallery at 144 West 14th Street, on the second floor. The exhibition is curated by Francesca Granata and Sarah Scaturro, and features work by Bodkin, Alabama Chanin, Susan Cianciolo, Kelly Cobb, Loomstate, Rogan, Max Osterweis/ Zoë Sheehan Saldaña, SANS, Slow and Steady Wins the Race, Uluru, and Andrea Zittel and Tiprin Follett/Smockshop. (I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy of the links; if I've made a boo-boo, do let me know.)

Related to the exhibition, at 6pm on Tuesday 26th January there is a free panel discussion moderated by the curators. Confirmed speakers include Julie Gilhart, senior vice president, fashion director of Barneys New York; Mary Ping, designer and founder of Slow and Steady Wins the Race, and Caroline Priebe, designer and founder of Uluru. I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Carly J. Cais said...

Hi Timo!
Thank you for your comment on my blog the other day! I wasn't sure if you subscribed to the comments in that post so I just wanted to send you what I wrote in response:

Sorry about the mistakes in the article - sometimes the internet isn't always the best research tool.:-) I've fixed my post with the information you added and have also had my editor correct my article that had posted to FashionTribes.com.
Congratulations on your new position at Parsons! That's fabulous! So does that mean you might appear on a future episode of Project Runway?;-)

Linking is always appreciated! Thank you so much for your feedback - and I truly love your work with the Zero Waste approach to design - I'm currently trying my hand at making a Zero-Waste mini-dress...we'll see how that goes!:-)
Best of luck to you!
xoxox
Carly

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com

Timo Rissanen said...

Thanks Carly, and no problem! Mistakes make us human; in this very post one of the links is wrong but I can't find a correct one either (for SANS). I saw the exhibition yesterday and realized I definitely messed that one up. About to fix now...

All linked, thanks for the kind words.